The legs are the most affected by varicose veins. The furthest part of the heart's body needs a rest regime, support for tired and weakened blood vessels. And we "explore" our legs until we see an expanded superficial network, edema, painful and gnarled bumps, and we don't lose any sleep because of the pain.
The treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is not an alternative to medicines. Because the main medicines are based on plant-based raw materials. To cure the disease, it is useful to use the accumulated experience of traditional medicine.
All methods used must eliminate or prevent the causes of varicose veins:
- improves the density and elasticity of the vascular wall of the veins;
- repair sagging valves;
- increases blood flow in the vessels of the legs due to the fluidity of the blood, decreasing its coagulability;
- to prevent blood clots and thrombophlebitis;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- a diuretic property is useful to relieve local edema.
For home use, select medications that:
- is easy to prepare and apply;
- has no toxic effect;
- store well in the refrigerator;
- can be grown on a window sill or in the field, purchased from the market;
- are relatively inexpensive.
All traditional methods of treating varicose veins are divided into general and local.
The most common ones include a specific diet, baths and ingestion of infusions and decoctions. Many herbal remedies are used both internally and topically.
The local application is based on the use of lotions, compresses, applied in the most painful place. It is necessary to learn how to prepare ointments.
The duration of treatment cycles is suggested by doctors from one month or more. Interruptions of a maximum of one week are possible, replacing one product with another.
Diet for varicose veins
Healers with extensive experience do not recommend starting therapy for varicose veins in the legs without a fasting diet. It should be observed for 5 to 7 days, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight.
The essence of the diet: exclusion of white bread, cakes, pastries, hot spices, alcohol, coffee, meat and fish dishes. The liquid is not limited. It is necessary to eat only vegetarian food: fruits and natural juices as much as possible. Cranberries, blueberries, sea buckthorn and figs are considered especially valuable. Two days later, add rice porridge, buckwheat, fresh vegetables to the salad with vegetable oil, young nettle soup.
This diet is recommended monthly for 2-3 days. People with varicose veins in their legs are advised to completely abandon starchy foods (bread and pastries made with high-quality flour, baked potatoes). You can boil potatoes in your uniforms, add bran to the food.
General medical procedures
They have an effect on the entire body, normalize blood circulation.
Varicose veins can be treated with baths. They are contraindicated in cases of thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers.
The contents of the bath are prepared in advance: boil half an hour also for half a kilo of oak, willow and chestnut branches (it is better to do it in an enamel bucket). Then, fill the solution with herbs in 4 pharmacy packages (chamomile, string, St. John's wort) and steam overnight. Apart in the morning, the rye bread is boiled (3 loaves), filtered and placed in the bath.
The procedure must be carried out before sleeping for about 40 minutes, the water temperature must be observed at 38-40 degrees
For baths with baking soda, you need to dissolve a full package of water in a bathtub, or 6-7 tablespoons per 5 liters just for the feet.
You can cook only willow bark (two handfuls of broken branches in a three-liter pot), boil for half an hour.
For footbaths, two or three tablespoons of dry raw material from the crushed bark are sufficient, and the weed herb is also shown (2 packs of 50 g).
Recommended combinations of herbs: hazelnut leaves, birch, chamomile flowers, clover, hops, pine buds.
After bathing, you need to massage lightly from the bottom up, put on elastic stockings and put your feet slightly up.
Recommendations for internal use
Popular oral recipes are very creative. They offer a medicine or a combination, decoctions, water infusions, alcoholic tinctures. The broth is easier to prepare in a large thermos, maintaining all the properties of a water bath. Strain before using.
- Antonov apple infusion- two or three small apples are placed in a liter of boiling water and wrapped for four hours. Then mash them and drink half a glass of broth with honey on an empty stomach and overnight.
- Nettleis a well-known remedy for varicose veins. 2-3 tablespoons of dried leaves are placed in a half-liter thermos of boiling water. To insist, 40 minutes is enough. You need to drink 1/3 cup an hour after eating.
- Alcoholic tincture of celandine- sold in a pharmacy, it is recommended to drink 9 to 10 drops with a tablespoon of milk, before meals, three times a day.
- Cooling solution- prepared before use (one teaspoon in a glass of warm water), it is recommended to drink it in the morning and at night.
- Garlic treatment with honey- chop 250 g of garlic, mix with 350 g of honey, leave for at least ten days. Recommended for a tablespoon half an hour before meals.
- A decoction of a mixture of oak bark, willow twigs, chestnutboil for half an hour, then add chamomile, St. John's wort and leave for 12 hours. Drink with honey first 50 ml, after two days 150 ml.
The reception of herbal remedies is recommended to be combined with baths, local treatment. The course of therapy is two months.
Local means the effect only on the pathological inflamed area of the leg veins.
Using juices for lotions
Local procedures in the form of compresses, lotions will require preliminary preparation of the necessary solution, ointment.
- Apple cider vinegar- is considered a means of improving vascular tone. They are rubbed in painful areas with varicose veins twice a day. For internal use, add two teaspoons to 250 ml of water.
- Potato juice- used to treat ulcers. The grated porridge is applied over the ulcer and bandaged, after five hours the dressing is changed.
- Cabbage leaf compresses- helps to relieve skin pain and inflammation. The sheet is tied at night.
- Hop cones- Prepare a tablespoon in a glass of boiling water. The lotions of the prepared medicine are applied or you can drink a glass before meals.
- Absinthe- leaves and flowers are used, they are ground to a paste, diluted with kefir and applied in places with dilated veins.
- Tomatoesshould only be used sufficiently ripe. Varicose knots are covered by lobes, covered with a bandage. After 3-4 hours, the compress is replaced with a new one.
Kalanchoe - used in the form of rubbing alcohol tincture. It is necessary to prepare the solution properly: after cutting, the leaves are kept cold for 5-7 days, then roll in a meat grinder, pour the vodka (you can browse by volume, the Kalanchoe in the dishes should be 2times less), insist in the dark for another week. After the effort, the agent can be used to treat dilation of the varicose vessels. It is suitable for long-term storage.
An alcoholic tincture (2/3 of vegetable raw materials) is prepared with acacia flowers and birch buds for a week to lubricate the skin of diseased veins.
From oriental medicine, the properties of the Adam's apple are known to have a positive effect on vascular tone.
Green walnuts - break up into small pieces and cover with olive oil. You need to be in the sun for at least forty days. Then you can lubricate the affected areas.
It is recommended to collect medicines from chamomile, St. John's wort, milleweed, marigold, oak bark and ponytail to clean trophic ulcers and relieve inflammation.
Horse chestnut is used both externally and internally. The leaves and flowers of the plant are used. For compresses, prepare with water, such as tea. And for internal use, an alcoholic tincture is prepared. Keep in a dark place for at least two weeks. Drink 30 drops before meals.
The Adam's apple is the fruit of a rare maklura tree that grows in the southern regions. It is not used internally, as the juice is poisonous. An alcoholic tincture is prepared from the crushed fruits for grinding. It is recommended to keep it in the dark for a month.
How to make an ointment at home
In an ointment base, herbal remedies stay above the injury site for longer and penetrate deeply better. For ointments, vegetable oils, a decoction of flax seeds, lard, chicken fat are used. A concentrated decoction of herbs is added to the melted and heated base. Protomite over low heat, stirring constantly for five minutes.
Herbs are used with ointments, they do not need to be prepared daily: eucalyptus leaves, dandelion roots, celandine grass, lemon balm, lilac flowers, clover, chamomile, marigold, fir needles. Everything is prepared in equal amounts before mixing with an ointment base.
These ointments must be refrigerated. Apply to the skin with a greasy layer, rubbing gently. Covered with paper compress and a warm bandage. Better to apply ointment compresses at night.
Bee stings contain hirudin, which thins the blood and prevents blood clots from forming. Treatment by bees involves a mandatory bite on the external venous node. At first, the patient feels pain and burning, these phenomena soon pass on their own, and with them the protruding venous nodules are removed.
Folk remedies for varicose veins are far from harmless. These are concentrated extracts of plants with strong side effects when taken orally. This is especially true for people with diseases of the stomach and pancreas. Herbs affect the acidity of gastric juice. Therefore, its use can aggravate chronic diseases of the digestive system.
It is necessary to monitor allergic manifestations (itchy skin, rashes, swelling). Discontinue use if these symptoms occur.
The use of popular methods requires faith in the medicine and patience. Few people pay attention to the recommendation to walk through the night with thin cotton socks in the dew of the grass and not to take them off until your feet are dry. This charming recipe brings out the safest gifts of nature.