Varicose veins are considered to be one of the most common diseases, manifesting in the form of protruding veins and spider veins in the lower extremities. The pathology can cause thrombophlebitis, when blood clots form in the vessels. They clog blood vessels and cause circulatory disorders, stroke. It is necessary to treat varicose veins at the early stage of their development.
The purpose of alternative therapy
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies is carried out to improve blood circulation in the vessels and make the blood thinner. For this, baths, compresses, ointments and tinctures can be used. They are made based on herbal ingredients.
But when using traditional medicine recipes, it must be remembered that they are effective only in the early stage of the development of the pathology. In the case of formation of asterisks and vascular networks, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In addition, the products can cause allergies. Therefore, before using compresses, ointments and baths, it is necessary to make sure that there is no negative reaction.
Varicose veins mainly affect the lower extremities and develop as a result of stagnation processes. The methods of traditional medicine will help to deal with the disease and to stop all the symptoms that accompany it.
Before starting treatment for varicose veins, you must balance your diet. A special diet should be followed for a week, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight. The goal of dietary nutrition is to eliminate fatty foods and increase immunity by increasing the amount of vitamins and minerals.
First of all, you must refuse cooking, butter, alcoholic beverages, meat and fish dishes, hot spices.
Fruits such as apples, bananas, citrus fruits must be present in the diet. Fresh vegetables are also healthy.
For the first two days, the menu should consist of vegetarian dishes only. After two days, you can eat rice or buckwheat porridge, salads with vegetable oil, nettle soups.
Vegetable juices, such as carrots and squashes, are especially useful for varicose veins.
The diet is followed every month for a week. This will help to clear cholesterol from the body and strengthen the immune system.
General therapeutic procedures
Traditional medicine contains many recommendations on how to properly treat varicose veins at home. In the early stage of the development of pathology, the use of general methods of therapy is recommended. They help to normalize blood circulation, avoid consequences and have a positive effect on the entire body.
Curative baths are effective for varicose veins. But this method cannot be used for trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis.
The bath solution is prepared in advance. The best remedies are oak, willow and chestnut branches. Pour all components in the amount of 0. 5 kg with a bucket of water, add chamomile, St. John's wort and a series of four packs, purchased at the pharmacy. Boil everything for 20 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning, prepare a decoction of three rye breads. Strain everything and add to the bath.
You can also use baking soda. To prepare a bath solution, you must bring a package. If you only need to steam your feet, add 7 tablespoons of baking soda for every 5 liters of water.
Willow or cedar bark has a positive effect on blood circulation. To bathe, you need two handfuls of tree branches. They are poured with three liters of water and boiled for 30 minutes.
For scalding, the dry sushi herb is also used in the quantity of 100 grams. Willow bark can be added to improve efficiency.
After the procedure, the specialists recommend doing a light massage on the legs and placing them on a small hill, using pre-compression stockings.
Solutions for indoor use
Traditional medicine also knows many recipes for oral administration. All decoctions are best prepared in a well-sealed container or thermos. Even when exposed to high temperatures, herbal preparations maintain their properties. They must be filtered before use. The most popular and effective for varicose veins in the lower extremities are:
- Apples. Four small apples are prepared with a liter of boiled water. The container is packed and left for 4 hours. Then the apples are mashed until the porridge and honey is added. The medicine is taken on an empty stomach before bedtime.
- Nettle. It is used not only for cosmetic purposes, but it is also the best medicine for varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you need to take three tablespoons of the dried, crushed plant and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist for an hour. Drink a third of the glass an hour after eating.
- Coolant solution. It is diluted in the amount of 1 teaspoon per cup. Take twice a day.
- Garlic with honey. To prepare the solution, you need to grind 250 grams of garlic and mix with 350 grams of honey. Insist for at least 10 days. Take a spoonful of balm 30 minutes before meals. Before using, you need to make sure that there is no allergy to honey.
All traditional medicine prescriptions are effective only in the early stage of disease development and have certain contraindications. A medical consultation is required before use. In case of painful sensations and the pathology turns into thrombophlebitis, it is mandatory to consult the doctor and use medications.
There are many different tinctures, the main ingredient of which is alcohol. The composition also contains natural ingredients that help restore blood circulation. The most effective settings are:
- Kalanchoe.The plant is widely used in traditional medicine and has many beneficial properties. An alcohol solution is used to rub the affected areas. But it is important to cook it properly. To do this, you first need to keep the freshly cut leaves for a week in a dark, cool place. Then rotate them in a meat grinder and pour vodka, the amount of which is twice the crushed plant. The tool is infused again for 7 days and filtered.
- Collection of meadow flowers.They are available at the pharmacy. For efficiency, you can add oak bark and horsetail. The herbal collection is poured with a liter of alcohol and insisted for a week. The tool is used to treat ulcers and relieve inflammation. Apply daily to the affected area, twice a day.
- White acacia flowers.The tincture is prepared for a week and is used to cleanse the skin. Pour a mixture of acacia flowers and birch or pine buds with vodka or alcohol in a 2: 3 ratio.
In the case of varicose veins, a tincture based on Adam's apple also helps to relieve symptoms and restore blood circulation. The fruit is poisonous and it is strictly forbidden to use it internally. The tool is used to scrub the affected area and is prepared within a month.
Amanita infusions are used in villages. But this method of treatment is rare today, as mushrooms only appear in late summer and are used fresh. In addition, not everyone trusts this medicine.
Ointments for varicose veins
Creams and ointments based on herbal ingredients with varicose veins remain on the skin's surface longer. Because of this, the active ingredients act for a long time in the affected vessels. Flax broth, oils and fat are used for its preparation.
Also contains decoctions of various herbs:
- chamomile; clover
- burdock root;
Ginger and onion peels are also used in the preparation of ointment broth. All components must be prepared in equal proportions and mixed with the base. Ointments can be stored for a long time, which means that they do not require daily preparation. Place them in the refrigerator after use.
Badger fat is especially popular for varicose veins. It helps not only to restore blood circulation, but also to strengthen vascular walls, improve immunity. Many people in the north used bear fat to treat the disease. It also has many beneficial properties.
Shilajit ointments are also popular and can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Compresses for varicose veins
Various components are used for compresses, for example, cypress oil, potatoes, sandalwood. The most popular are burdock and cabbage leaves. They contain many useful vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the veins and the body as a whole. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, including:
- Burdock and horseradish. First heat a leaf from one of the plants, placing it in a kettle or pot. Place a small piece of dressing on the affected area of the skin, then a sheet and fix the dressing. The duration of treatment is five procedures, which are performed on alternate days before bedtime. The dressing is removed in the morning. The medicine helps to relieve pain and improve the general condition.
- Ointment and burdock. The plant is used only fresh. The compress is made after applying the ointment to the affected area. Then a burdock sheet is applied and compression stockings are put on. The dressing is changed every three days and the duration of therapy is three months.
- Cosmetic clay. It is diluted in water at room temperature to a thick homogeneous mass. Apply the product to the affected areas, fix with a two-layer dressing. Then apply clay again, secure with a bandage. Thus, the layer must be at least 1. 5 cm. To prevent moisture from being absorbed, wrap the dressing with a canvas cloth and a woolen scarf. The legs must be kept on a small hill. The procedure lasts 3 hours, after which the dressing is removed.
- Potatoes. The compresses are also made from potatoes or tops. Grate the vegetables on a fine grater and moisten a bandage in the resulting juice. The procedure is best performed at night.
Aloe compresses are useful for varicose veins. Only freshly cut leaves are used. Tomato sauces are also effective. They are applied for several hours. Tomatoes have the unique property of improving blood circulation in a short time, and with varicose veins they are used not only for oral administration. Onions are not popular because of their characteristic odor, but they are also highly effective.
Many experts recommend saline dressings for varicose veins. They help to relieve pain, inflammation and improve blood circulation. Even though reducing the amount of salt is recommended in many diets, in the case of the establishment of varicose veins, salt dressings have a positive effect.
Bees are also used to treat varicose veins. Your sting contains a substance called hirudin. Helps prevent blood clots from forming. The bee sting must be performed directly on the node.
Propolis is especially popular. It is used both for fresh intake and for the preparation of ointments, compresses.
With varicose veins, you can also make an iodine mesh. It is applied with a cotton swab overnight.
Consequences of therapy at home
The use of traditional medicines can have some negative consequences. When using essential oils, honey, propolis, an allergic reaction is observed.
People with established diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract should be used with caution when taking internal medications.
To protect yourself from the development of varicose veins in the lower extremities, you must follow a series of preventive measures:
- Take a contrast bath. Helps to keep blood vessels in good condition. The bath also has a positive effect on blood circulation.
- Go swimming. A visit to the pool helps to combat blood stagnation in the vessels.
- Walk as much as possible to avoid varicose swelling.
- During pregnancy, carefully monitor your health, as in this period the woman is more susceptible to the development of the disease.
- Eat right. The diet should contain as little fat and spicy food as possible.
Compliance with preventive measures will significantly reduce the likelihood of developing varicose veins. When the symptoms of the pathology appear, the recipes of traditional medicine can be used. But it must be remembered that its use can be harmful to health. That is why you should consult your doctor.